TE RAWHITI MARAE, SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23rd, 10AM-2PM
Homai te pereiti mo te kai.
10am – 11am Separate hapu hui to discuss internal matters
11am – 12pm The status of the Claims
Where we join where we don’t.
What we need to decide together.
a) Decisions about our sites of significance-which ones for FNDC?
b) Our S of S group have identified 700. Do you know them? See them on a map.
c) The status of the interviews-who’s done what with whom.
12pm – 1pm The Fishery Project Progress
a) Manawahuna/Ipipiri knowledge
b) The interviews
c) The surveys and results
1pm – 1.30pm CUPPA
1.30pm – 2pm The reality of Rawhiti and economic development
a) Visuals-photos of what the place might look like when people have small businesses.
- Do we need a few more visitors in Rawhiti so that we can benefit economically-collect the money? Why would they come?
- The Marae and the cultural experience?
- Is this what makes us different from other Dive Wrecks?
- Combined with the conservation of the artificial reef and the fishery?
- How would they come? A jetty? Seal the road? Visitor facilities? A Café? Dive School? Backpackers?
See what Rawhiti might look like.